Monday, October 12, 2009



Cobra Crimson Guard Blood Dagger Pilot
The last of the Crimson Guard Air Force vehicle customs that I did was the Blood Dagger and Pilot. Today's post is for the Blood Dagger Pilot and tomorrow will be the Blood Dagger Fighter/Interceptor.
Starting with a 25th Anniversary Wild Weasel figure, I popped his head off. I then popped the head off of a single carded Crimson Guard. I still had the lower mask part of the Cobra Air Trooper's helmet that I cut off and used the helmet/goggles for the Ice-Viper Officer custom. I cut the front of the Crimson Guard's head/mask off with an Xacto knive and then used "greenstuff" to attatch the "mask" part of the Cobra Air Troopers helmet to the Crimson Guard head.
Then after the greenstuff had dried and the mask was painted, I snapped the new head onto the neck ball of Wild Weasel's torso. Then I painted his chest to resemble a Crimson Guard Officer/Squad Leader's chest plate with silver and black.
Here are some pics of the custom head:





























Custom Cobra Crimson Guard Blood Dagger Pilot "recipe"
Head - Crimson Guard (2008 25th Anniversary single carded figure, Wave 5)
Cobra Air Trooper (2007 25th Anniversary single carded figure, Wave 4)
Rest of Figure - Wild Weasel (2008 25th Anniversary Target exclusive Rattler set)
Paints used:
Tamiya XF-1 (Flat Black)
Tamiya X-11 (Chrome Silver)

No comments:

Post a Comment