Wednesday, October 7, 2009






Cobra Crimson Guard Stinger Attack Jeep


Well before Hasbro announced plans on releasing a 25th Anniversary version of the Cobra Stinger with the online only Wave 5 of the vehicle sets, I made this custom Crimson Guard Stinger out of a 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe Vamp from the 1st Wave of vehicle sets and parts from a vintage 1984 Cobra Stinger. To begin this process, I bought a vintage 1984 Cobra Stinger and took it appart to use the front bumper, tank on the hood, doors, roof, missile launcher, both rear panels, rear troop grab bar & rear troop ledge/platform. The Stinger came with different missiles than the all red ones that it's supposed to come with but I liked the half red half black ones from the vintage 1983 G.I.Joe Pact Rat Missile Launcher better. Once all of these parts were stripped off of the vintage Cobra Stinger and cleaned off, it was time to get the donor 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe Vamp ready for primer. As stated, this custom used the 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe Vamp for the basis and here is a pic of what the Vamp looks like for anyone who doesn't know:



Quite a bit different compared to the custom Stinger, right? Well, after taking the Vamp completely appart, I tossed the rear cannon and hoses, gas cans and gas can rack, duffle from on hood and rear vent panels into my spare parts bin because they wouldn't be used for this one. I painted the main body piece with flat grey primer spray paint..................



............and did some cutting with an Xacto knive and some filling in spots with "greenstuff" on the hood before it got sprayed with primer.







After the "greenstuff" had dried and been sanded smooth, the hood received primer too.
continued in tomorrow's post................................














No comments:

Post a Comment