Friday, October 9, 2009





















Cobra Crimson Guard Red Tide Squadron
I wanted to give Cobra's elite Crimson Guard some air power to add to their arsenal. I started by making this squadron of 5 Red Tides. Using 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe S.H.A.R.C. Tooth's and Target exclusive G.I.Joe Night Specter's for this custom project. I started by taking them completely appart and spraying the top and bottom body pieces with Regal Red spray paint. The engine cover, cockpit area, twin cannons, topedos, cannon cover doors, rudders, intake and exhaust pieces were sprayed with satin black. After the satin black had dried on the intake and exhaust pieces, I used a dry-brush method and applied the silver to resemble a mesh screen more. I used the silver paint and a fine detail brush to do the details on the cannon cover doors, engine cover, rudders, underbody, interior and wings. I used flat black and a fine detail brush to paint the canopy frame and details on the underbody and body in front of canopy. Yellow, red, blue and gold was also used in the cockpit area for details. I used both the G.I.Joe Night Specter and S.H.A.R.C. Tooth for these but chose to use the darker tinted canopies from the Night Specter for all 5 of these because they looked alot better than the totally clear canopy from the S.H.A.R.C. Tooth. Stickers are from the S.H.A.R.C. Tooth, Night Specter vehicles from Hasbro and the white numbers are from cobrastickers.com's white H.I.S.S. Tank number sets and Crimson Guard logos are also from cobrastickers.com.
Custom Cobra Crimson Guard Red Tide "recipe"
Entire Vehicle - G.I.Joe S.H.A.R.C. Tooth/G.I.Joe Night Specter (2008 25th Anniversary Vehicle Set, Wave 2/2008 25th Anniversary Target exclusive Attack on Cobra Island Night Specter)
Windshield Canopy - G.I.Joe Night Specter (2008 25th Anniversary Target exclusive Attack on Cobra Island Night Specter)
Stickers - S.H.A.R.C. Tooth, Night Specter, cobrastickers.com
Paints used:
Flat grey Primer Spray Paint
Regal Red Spray Paint
Tamiya XF-1 (Flat Black)
Tamiya X-1 (Gloss Black)
Tamiya X-11 (Chrome Silver)
Tamiya XF-7 (Flat Red)
Tamiya XF-8 (Flat Blue)
Tamiya X-12 (Gold Leaf)

No comments:

Post a Comment