Saturday, October 17, 2009






Cobra Night Vulture
I came accross the original Cobra Night Vulture from 1991 and decided he most likely won't be getting an updated figure anytime soon so why not make a 25th Anniversary stle updated custom of him. Using the Snake Eyes figure from the 2007 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe Box Set, I began the transformation from Snake Eyes to Cobra Night Vulture. Took all of his gear off and set it aside. I completely repainted the upper/lower torso, arms and upper legs with purple like the original Night Vulture. The head was painted black, goggles purple with red lense and the goggle strap grey. Painted the red and black details on his arms and upper legs. Used H.I.S.S. Driver lower legs on him and painted his webgear black with red accents. Gave him Scarlett's crossbow gun since that was the only weapon the original version of Night Vulture came with.
Custome Cobra Night Vulture "recipe"
Entire Figure minus lower legs - Snake Eyes (2007 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe Box Set)
Lower Legs - H.I.S.S. Driver (2008 25th Anniversary Single Carded Figures, Wave 7)
Crossbow Gun - Scarlet (2007 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe Box Set)
Paints used:
Tamiya X-1 (Gloss Black)
Tamiya X-7 (Gloss Red)
Tamiya X-16 (Purple)
Tamiya XF-19 (Sky Grey)

No comments:

Post a Comment