Sunday, September 20, 2009



Cobra Arctic H.I.S.S. Tank with Arctic H.I.S.S. Commander


This next custom was done before Hasbro released the 25th Anniversary Arctic H.I.S.S. Tank set. I wanted to give the H.I.S.S. Commander figure a more H.I.S.S. Driver look by giving him the H.I.S.S. Driver trademark lower legs. I did some research on arctic vehicle camo patterns and decided to use this style on the H.I.S.S. Tank.

Today's post will pertain to the Arctic H.I.S.S. Commander figure, tomorrow's will be for the Arctic H.I.S.S. Tank.

Starting with a 25th Anniversary Snow Serpent, I used a H.I.S.S. Driver head and lower legs along with Snake Eyes webgear. I painted the "fur" parts of the Snow Serpent brown and black gloves. The head was painted white and received a sky blue mask like most of Cobra's Arctic Officers have. Painted the raised details on the H.I.S.S. Driver's helmet grey and the goggles silver.


Custom Cobra Arctic H.I.S.S. Commander "recipe"

Head - H.I.S.S. Driver (2008 25th Anniversary single carded figures, Wave 7)
Torso/Arms/Hands/Upper Legs - Snow Serpent (2008 25th Anniversary single carded figures, Wave 9)
Lower Legs - H.I.S.S. Driver (2008 25th Anniversary single carded figures, Wave 7)
Webgear - Snake Eyes (2007 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe Box Set)
AK47 - Snow Serpent (2008 25th Anniversary single carded figures, Wave 9)



Paints used:
Tamiya X-11 (Chrome Silver)
Tamiya XF-66 (Light Grey)
Tamiya XF-1 (Flat Black)
Tamiya XF-10 (Flat Brown)
Tamiya X-14 (Sky Blue)
Tamiya X-2 (White)

No comments:

Post a Comment