Wednesday, September 30, 2009


Commander Rex (Phase II Armor from Episode III)
I know this isn't a G.I.Joe custom, but I originally started customizing Star Wars figures before I started on the G.I.Joe stuff. I have liked Captain Rex since the first time I saw him with the Clone Wars movie and the Clone Wars animated cartoon on Cartoon Network. The 501st Legion seems to have a bunch of clone commander figures already with Commander Vill, Commander Bow & Commander Appo so I thought Captain Rex should be promoted to Commander Rex and I decided to do an Episode III version of him as a Commander in the 501st Legion in Phase II armor.
I started with Commander Vill figure from the 2008 Target exclusive Order 66 set and popped off his head. I painted the "Jaig" eyes on Vill's helmet too as well as painted the kilt black. Then I used a Captain Rex figure from 2008 The Clone Wars and used his head and blaster pistols as well as cut of his range finder off of his helmet. I glued the range finder onto the side of the Vill helmet and then put Rex's head on Vill's body and he was done. Not too much involved to make this one but it was fun and I liked the way it turned out.
Custom Commander Rex (Phase II armor from Episode III) "recipe"
Head - Captain Rex (2008 Star Wars : The Clone Wars single carded figure, Wave 1)
Range Finder - Captain Rex (2008 Star Wars : The Clone Wars single carded figure, Wave 1)
Blaster Pistols - Captain Rex (2008 Star Wars : The Clone Wars single carded figure, Wave 1)
Rest of Figure - Commander Vill (2008 Star Wars 30th Anniversary Target exclusive Order 66, Wave 2 {Emperor Palpatine & Commander Vill})
Paints used:
Tamiya X-1 (Gloss Black)
Testor's Model Master Gloss Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment