Sunday, September 13, 2009






Rip-It (Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank Division General)




After seeing the Rip-It figure from the 2007 International G.I.Joe Convention (Atlanta, GA), I decided my Cobra army needed a H.I.S.S. Tank Division General and went with the 2007 version of Rip-It (black with blue accents), rather than the 2000 version which was blue with black accents. To give him a sense of higher rank and more importance than the H.I.S.S. Commanders or the H.I.S.S. Drivers, I gave this custom Rip-It a removeable helmet to go along with his different paintjob and different customized H.I.S.S. Command Tank #000. To get the desired removeable helmet, I had to use the head from the H.I.S.S. Commander that I used as the donor for this custom Rip-It and dremel out the inside of the head until it fit over the Scarface Cobra Officer head that was being used for him. I used gloss paints on this and now, wish that I had used flats insted due to the shine, but it sets him appart from the rest of the H.I.S.S. Commanders and Drivers. Everything on the H.I.S.S. Commander was repainted to acheive the desired colors.



Custom Rip-It "recipe"



Head - Scarface Cobra Officer (2008 25th Anniversary comic pack, Wave 3 {Fred Crimson Guard/Scarface Cobra Officer})

Helmet - H.I.S.S. Commander (2008 25th Anniversary vehicle packs, Wave 1 H.I.S.S. Tank)

The Rest of Figure - H.I.S.S. Commander (2008 25th Anniversary vehicle packs, Wave 1 H.I.S.S. Tank)



Paints Used:



Testor's Model Master Gloss Blue

Tamiya X-1 (Gloss Black)

Tamiya X-11 (Chrome Silver)

Tamiya X-7 (Red)

No comments:

Post a Comment