Friday, September 25, 2009


Cobra Viper Squad Leader/Officer
I wanted a special Viper to lead my Viper army so I decided to do a custom Squad Leader/Officer & a Viper Commander. These were both fairl easy custom figures to do since there was very little painting involved.
For the Viper Squad Leader/Officer, I started with a regular 25th Anniversary Cobra Viper figure and added some gold paint to his faceshield, vest buckles, belt buckle, knee pads, goggles and tips of his boots along with black gloves and arm pads. I painted over the small red Cobra symbol on his vest and placed a silver Cobra symbol sticker from cobrastickers.com in place of it.
As far as his rifle goes, it was replaced with a bigger and better one from Marauder's Gun Runners complete with scope and grenade launcher.
Custom Cobra Viper Squad Leader/Officer "recipe"
Complete figure - Viper (2008 25th Anniversary single carded figure, Wave 7)
Rifle - Marauder's Gun Runners
Paints used:
Tamiya XF-1 (Flat Black)
Tamiya X-12 (Gold Leaf)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just discovered your blog and wanted to say that you've got some really, really cool stuff here. The Cobra Haz-T.A.T. Troopers are an especially cool idea. Keep it up!

    Oh, and check out my custom figures blog at dnjcustoms.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete