Friday, September 11, 2009



Raptor (Cobra's Bird Handeler)


Next up was one of my favorites still to this day, Raptor! I never really liked him when I was a kid but he always looked kind of cool and I figured Hasbro would not release him in the 25th style (which they have not, yet), so I'd try and make my own custom 25th style Raptor. I bought a vintage ARAH Raptor figure complete off of ebay and started looking through my custom fodder pieces to get an idea of what parts I was going to use to make him into a 25th Anniversary update. Once I found out what pieces I was going to use, I decided to get the feathers on his back, wrists and ankles like the vintage figure had sculpted on, I was going to use real feathers and glue them on. Starting with the vintage Raptor, I managed to pry the cowl off of his head(they are glued on originally from Hasbro) and take off his cape and bird. Then came the fun part, to get the belt buckle off of the figure! I used the dremel tool and hacked appart the vintage Raptor's waist piece and was careful not to damage the belt buckle area. After getting the buckle free from the remainder of his waist, I carefully trimmed around the buckle untill it had a nice even flat edge that I could glue onto the new Raptor's belt and trimmed the edges also. Now that I was done with stripping the vintage Raptor of everything I needed, it was on to the task of kit-bashing the parts together for the new one................................


To Be Continued in Tomorrows Post......................

No comments:

Post a Comment