Thursday, September 17, 2009


Tomax and Xamot in their Extensive Enterprises Business Suits (Cobra Crimson Guard Commanders)
These have been the most expensive custom figures that I have done yet. I can't beleive that Hasbro has yet to release these two as a set in their Extensive Enterprises business suits like they wore in the Sunbow cartoon during the 1980's. This set would be a definate seller for them if they would ever do this, even if they were released as an exclusive set. After watching the old cartoons on DVD, I figured out what I was going to use to make these figures on my own. The expensive part is the 2 San Diego ComicCon (SDCC) exclusive Cobra Commander black suit figures that I had to buy to use as the basis for these figures. At $20-$25+ per figure, just to use for customs is kind of expensive but they turned out just how I had hoped they would. After the two SDCC Cobra Commanders arrived in the mail, I opened them up and popped off their heads. I noticed that the Tomax and Xamot heads from the comic pack would not fit on the neck ball of the SDCC CC figures because the neck balls were bigger than the holes in the bottom of the Tomax/Xamot heads. So a little dremel work on the insides of Tomax and Xamot's heads and they fit good. Tomax and Xamot are twin brothers who dress similar, only "mirror" each other's outfit. Notice the jacket, how the red button is on the left side on Tomax and on the right side on Xamot. They have always been like this since the first time they were in the cartoon and they also always had the opposites on their jacket with the overlaps with Tomax's going towards the right and Xamot's going towards the left. In order to get this, I had to carefully cut off the edge on one of the SDCC CC jackets and flip it over and glue it down so it overlapped the opposite way for Xamot.
Continued tomorrow..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment