Wednesday, September 9, 2009


Cobra Crimson Shadow Guard Trooper


My next custom was a Crimson Shadow Guard Trooper. Based on the TRU exclusive Crimson Shadow Guard set from 2005. I liked the look of them and figured Hasbro would not release an updated version of them so I did my own. These were more than just a little paint here and there, they are complete repaints basically. I used Tamiya Gloss Black (X-1) on the first custom Crimson Shadow Gurads that I did (3 Troopers, 1 female Trooper and an Officer) but now use Satin and Flat Black on my newer ones. I used the "Fred" Crimson Guard from the 25th comic pack with the "Scarface" Cobra Officer for these first customs. The trim was painted with Tamiya Chrome Silver (X-11)



Custom Crimson Shadow Guard Trooper "recipe"

Entire Figure - Fred series Crimson Guard (2008 25th Anniversary Comic Pack, Wave 3 {"Fred" Crimson Guard/"Scarface" Cobra Officer})
Rifle - Crimson Guard (2008 25th Anniversary Single Carded Figure, Wave 5)



Paint used:
Tamiya X-1 (Gloss Black)
Tamiya X-11 (Chrome Silver)

No comments:

Post a Comment